- Preheat to the oven 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and line with some baking parchment.
- Place the apricots in a large bowl and add the nuts, dried fruits, porridge oats and stir to combine.
- Pour the condensed milk into a large heavy based pan over a moderate heat.
- Heat the condensed milk gently, stirring constantly to ensure that the milk does not burn.
- Pour the warmed condensed milk over the bowl of nuts and fruits and use your hands to combine the ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared tray, then level with a wet spatula or wooden spoon.
- Place into a preheated oven for 30 -35 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a chopping board, and cut with a large knife into pieces approx 5cm x 4cm.
*Check Coeliac Society of Ireland Food List
for gluten free brands.
This recipe contains gluten free oats. A small minority of coeliacs - approx 5% - will react to pure gluten free oats. Uncontaminated gluten free pure oats are produced under very rigorous controls and quality inspections from the beginning of production through to finished product. The inclusion of pure oats in the gluten free diet is an issue of ongoing study and investigation. Therefore any coeliac wishing to consume a diet containing pure oats should receive regular follow-ups at a specialist clinic
to ensure tolerance.