- Begin by bringing a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add in the pasta and continue to boil rapidly until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Strain the pasta into a large colander and run under cold water until completely cold.
- Meanwhile heat a large sauté pan with a little oil and add in the diced chicken and cook gently until the chicken is sealed all over.
- Next add in the garlic and continue to cook for a minute or two.
- Then add the onions & mushrooms and continue to cook until the vegetables have softened. Add the white wine (if using) at this stage and allow it to bubble up.
- Season lightly, add in the cream and allow the mixture to come to the boil. Simmer gently for 4-5 minutes, ensuring the chicken is fully cooked. Then add in the pasta and mix well until combined.
- Serve immediately with some garlic bread.
You can vary this recipe a little as well by substituting the chicken for fish or pork, or by adding some chorizo or smoked bacon.