This is a great starter or main course for those impromptu summer parties. Feel free to add in some hot Cajun chicken also.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
16 - Cherry Tomatoes
1 - Red Onion
1 - SuperValu Carrot
peeled into long ribbons
1 - SuperValu Cucumber
peeled & cubed
1 - SuperValu Iceberg Lettuce
1 g SuperValu Petit Pain
cut into thin slices
4 - SuperValu Smoked Bacon Rashers
from the Butcher Counter – diced
1 pinch SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
3 cloves SuperValu Garlic
crushed into a puree
1 - SuperValu Lemon
3 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
- Begin by making up the dressing - put the garlic puree into a bowl with the lemon juice and mixed herbs.
- Whisk in the olive oil and store until required.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Heat a large pan and dry fry the bacon until it is crispy.
- In the meantime place the slices of bread onto a flat baking tray, drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and pop into the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until they have turned crispy and golden brown.
- Allow to cool down.
- Mix together the salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, ribbons of carrot and sliced red onion.
- Pour on the dressing, add the large croutons and mix well until combined.
- Divide between 2 large serving bowls and scatter some of the warm crispy bacon on top.