This is my take on the classic Spanish omelette. I have added peppers to this recipe and the quintessential Spanish ingredient - chorizo.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
75 g Chorizo Sausages
1 - Green Pepper
2 - SuperValu Onion
4 large SuperValu Potatoes
peeled & sliced
From the Store Cupboard
5 large Fresh Egg
3 cloves SuperValu Garlic
crushed and chopped
0 - SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
- Dry the sliced potatoes well in a clean cloth.
- Gently heat a large (ideally 9 inch) non stick frying pan with a little olive oil.
- Add onions, garlic and potatoes and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes until the potatoes have softened a little.
- Transfer the potatoes from the pan into a clean bowl.
- Wipe out the pan with a clean cloth, add a little more olive oil and return to the heat.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs with the diced pepper and chorizo, add the potatoes and return the entire mixture to the pan and cook over a low heat.
- Occasionally slide a palette knife up around the side of the omelette to prevent it from sticking.
- When it looks set on the top, and there is very little liquid egg left place a plate on top of the pan, turn it over and return it to the pan and continue cooking for another couple of minutes.
- When the omelette is fully set slide onto a large chopping board.
- This can be served either hot or cold.
- Mix the lettuce, tomatoes and onions together.
- Add in the lemon juice and olive oil and mix well.
- Serve immediately.