I love the flavour of the sausages when they are cooked like this. It’s great served with fresh crusty bread.
Serves: 4 people
1 - Green Pepper
6 - Mushrooms
0 glass Red Wine
1 - SuperValu Carrot
500 ml SuperValu Tomato Passata
7 - Superquinn Award Winning Irish Sausages
- Heat a large frying pan with a little oil and brown off the sausages until they are golden brown on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat a large wide based saucepan with a little oil, add in the diced onion and garlic and sweat gently until softened.
- Next add in the pepper, carrot and mushrooms and continue to sauté gently.
- Pour in the red wine (if using) and the tomato pasta and allow the mixture to come to the boil.
- Sprinkle in the sugar, dried mixed herbs and the chilli powder and add the sausages to the pan.
- Simmer gently for 25-30 minutes and serve immediately with some fresh crusty bread.